The weekend is finally here, Huskies! Is it just me, or do four day weeks feel even longer than five day ones? There’s a lot going on this weekend so I’m sure to be exhausted come Monday. Saturday night will see me either venturing to Rock and Shock in Worcester to see mother-flippin’ DANZIG or staying around Allston to catch my former rock ‘n’ roll camp counselor play with Chicago post-metal band Pelican at Great Scott. Here’s my roundup of other awesome stuff happening during the weekend of October 18, 2013:
Friday, October 18:
- Northeastern Parents and Family Weekend
This weekend-long celebration is chockfull of great events. A complete list of events and more information can be found here.
- Free Boston Duck Tours
- Hillel Shabbat Service – 6:00 PM – 70 Saint Stephen Street
- NU Annual Underwear Run – 9:00 PM – Speare Star
Saturday, October 19:
- Men’s Hockey vs. Holy Cross – 7:00 PM – Matthews Arena – Reserve your free ticket on MyNEU
Sunday, October 20:
- Joanne Chang Cookbook Signing – 9:30 AM – Exhibition Kitchen
- Catholic Mass – 12:30 PM – Fenway Center
- Beethoven Chamber Series – 4:00 PM – Emmanuel Church, Newbury Street – $10 with student ID
- Franz Ferdinand with Tastemakers Presents alum Frankie Rose – 7:30 PM – Orpheum Theater – $36 – $46
Have a wonderful, safe weekend, Huskies! Play us out, Franz.