Happy Friday, Huskies! It’s the weekend before Halloween so you know what that means: lots of spooky-themed events in our fair city. Halloween is my favorite holiday so I am very much looking forward to this. Tonight, I’m off to the pill at Great Scott for their 11th annual Halloween show. The lineup features bands performing as the Psychedelic Furs, the Verve, Metric, and Daft Punk. Doors open at 8:00 PM. Cover is $10 and costumes are encouraged. Please note that this event is 21+. I will be there dressed up as Justine Frischmann from Elastica. Yes I know, no one will get it.
And without further ado, I present Something 4 the Weekend: Spooky Edition!
Saturday, October 26:
- Boston Vegetarian Food Festival – 11:00 AM – 6:00 PM – Reggie Lewis Athletic Center – free
- Pet Parade and Pumpkin Contest – 12:00 – 3:00 PM – Faneuil Hall – free
- Spookapella: An A Capella Masquerade – 6:30 PM – Fenway Center – free
- The Mirror Visions Ensemble – 8:00 PM – Pickman Concert Hall at Longy School of Music – free
- Gay-La: Masquerade and Drag Show – 8:30 PM – Curry Ballroom – free
- Horror Movie Marathon – 11:59 PM – Coolidge Corner Theater – $15 – $20
Sunday, October 27:
- Boston Vegetarian Food Festival – 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM – Reggie Lewis Athletic Center – free
- SoWa Living Dead Market – 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM – 460 Harrison Avenue – free
Phew! What a busy weekend! Have a safe and fun one, Huskies. In honor of Halloween, let’s get our goth on with the Sisters of Mercy. Dance the ghost with me…